Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Amit V Shah <as...@tagaudit.com> on 2004/09/13 17:20:38 UTC

Turbine Review vs Intake for form validations

Hi all,

I want to know if someone can give me some recommendations on which tool
should I use for front end form validations like not null, max length and
similar validations. From all the sample applications and docs, I could find
Turbine Review and Intake as my options.

The antelope sample application uses Turbine Review for such validations
whereas the howto documentation on Turbine website uses intake !!! Which one
should I use !!!!

Thanks,
Amit

Re: Turbine Review vs Intake for form validations

Posted by Leandro Rodrigo Saad Cruz <le...@ibnetwork.com.br>.
OBS: the sourceforge page is outdated, but the cvs repository is ok @
ibnetwork.gotdns.com is updated

On Mon, 2004-09-13 at 13:23, Leandro Rodrigo Saad Cruz wrote:
> Dunno about commons-validator on turbine-intake.
> I'm working on xingu-exintake, an extensible version of intake,
> completly rewritten from ZERO.
>
> On xingu-turbine. I have a velocity tool to be used with intake and some
> other helper classes that ease Turbine and xingu-exintake integration.
> ahh. forgot about the macros .
>
> Every ExIntake field is a DynamicProxy object which can be cast to any
> intarface you create. For example : you can define a <security> tag that
> decides if this particular field should be presented to the user or not
> according to some criteria. This has no impact on ExIntake, just add
> what you want.
> Then, in you code you can write something like this :
>
> MySecurityInterface x = (MySecurityInterface)group.get("username");
> if(x.isAllowed(acl))
>
> ExIntake is also integrated with xingu-attributes, so that you don't
> have to create interfaces or beans for every form you have.
> xingu-attributes works like a variable attribute list and Exintake
> compiles a interface for you (using javassist) so that the form
> validator can call getXX() on you object. Or , you can create a bean and
> let exintake populate that for you !
>
> Simple Example :
> Just add your groups to exintake configuration files and display your
> form like this :
>
> -- User.xml
>
> <group 	name="user" key="u-g" displayName="User"
> 	mapToObject="br.com.ibnetwork.xingu.user.User">
> <field name="" type="" defaultValue="">
>   <presentation ...>
>   <ruleSet ...>
>   <security ...>
> </field>
>
> </group>
>
> -- Template.vm
>
> #set($field = $group.get("username"))
> #showIntakeField($intakeTool $field $data $group)
>
> this macro shows you form filled, using css to display fields and
> highlight form erros.
>
> I can send more explanations to the list if you want !
>
> Thanks !
>

> On Mon, 2004-09-13 at 12:20, Amit V Shah wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I want to know if someone can give me some recommendations on which tool
> > should I use for front end form validations like not null, max length and
> > similar validations. From all the sample applications and docs, I could find
> > Turbine Review and Intake as my options.
> >
> > The antelope sample application uses Turbine Review for such validations
> > whereas the howto documentation on Turbine website uses intake !!! Which one
> > should I use !!!!
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Amit

Leandro Rodrigo Saad Cruz
InterBusiness Tecnologia e Serviços
IB    - www.ibnetwork.com.br
DB    - www.digitalbrand.com.br
OJB   - db.apache.org/ojb
XINGU - xingu.sf.net

Re: Turbine Review vs Intake for form validations

Posted by Leandro Rodrigo Saad Cruz <le...@ibnetwork.com.br>.