Posted to dev@impala.apache.org by Tim Armstrong <ta...@cloudera.com> on 2017/04/03 18:44:05 UTC

Upcoming changes to distcc scripts

I'm about to start a merge for a patch that solves some of the issues with
distcc - switching between ASAN and non-ASAN builds and with ccache:
https://gerrit.cloudera.org/#/c/6493/ . Unfortunately it won't be
completely transparent. When you pull down the patch, you'll need to:

   - Open a new terminal or run "unset IMPALA_CXX_COMPILER" in your current
   terminal
   - Source bin/distcc/distcc_env.sh
   - Rebuild with buildall.sh

If you run into any problems, you can try cleaning out your cmake-generated
files.

   - ./bin/clean.sh && ./bin/create-test-configuration.sh

Cheers,
Tim

Re: Upcoming changes to distcc scripts

Posted by Tim Armstrong <ta...@cloudera.com>.
Did the local compilation succeed? Were the failures just intermittent?

My guess is that it's probably some kind of infrastructure flakiness or
just load on the servers.

I've seen that occasionally myself but I don't believe it's related to the
changes - before and after the change we're running distcc with the exact
same command line as before.

Posted by Marcel Kornacker <ma...@cloudera.com>.