Posted to npanday-dev@incubator.apache.org by Raphael Bircher <r....@gmx.ch> on 2013/12/31 10:23:33 UTC

Thank you for the year 2013 at Apache, and a happy 2014

Hi all

I like to say thank you for the Year 2013 at Apache. At my "home
Project" Apache OpenOffice we released a major version, with important
improvements. It was nice to work with you guys, even the work is not
allways easy. For OpenOffice I like to see a better development of the
commercial ecosystem. But we have allready proved that we can serve the
need of this big project, and we gain back the trust of the public. This
was only possible with true collaboration. I like to say thank you for this.

I started at the incubator in the late 2013. two and a half years ago, I
was myself fresh to Apache. I have to learn to work with the Apache Way.
As you all know, the adaption to Apache was not easy for OpenOffice.
OpenOffice needet the coaching from the Incubator. This year I felt
ready to give back my experiance to new Apache Projects. Sometimes it
goes faster then expected and in November I was voted into the IPMC. I
like to thank you all for the trust.

Over five year I searched for a good software solution for communication
whithin NGO. Then I found Apache Wave. This Software has so much
potential. I realy hope we can bring this software forward next year.
The activity in the December was realy promising.

Npanday will not have a easy future. I singed up as Mentor, because
there is some willingness to continue the project. But we all know, we
need much more fire in the project next year. The beginning will not be
easy, but if we work togeter in the new year, we can build a community.
We realy need a release and get new committer on board. But I'm sure we
can do it!!!

Thanks the whole ASF for the good collaboration in the 2013. I looking
forward, to see some of you at events like ApacheCon or FOSDEM

Happy New Year
Raphael