Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Johannes Koch <jo...@fit.fraunhofer.de> on 2008/03/10 13:49:06 UTC

[HttpClient] problem with removing HTTP request interceptor

Hi,

I try to remove the HTTP request interceptor RequestAddCookies from the
HTTP client.

DefaultHttpClient dhc = new DefaultHttpClient();
dhc.removeRequestInterceptorByClass(RequestAddCookies.class);

Compiling with Java 1.5 resulted in the following error:

The method
removeRequestInterceptorByClass(Class<HttpRequestInterceptor>) in the
type AbstractHttpClient is not applicable for the argument
(Class<RequestAddCookies>)

However, if I use the following code,

dhc.removeRequestInterceptorByClass(
     (Class<HttpRequestInterceptor>) new RequestAddCookies().getClass());

I only get a warning. I'm not an expert in Java 1.5 generics; but is
there a way to remove the RequestAddCookies interceptor without first
creating a new instance of RequestAddCookies?

--
Johannes Koch
BIKA Web Compliance Center - Fraunhofer FIT

Re: [HttpClient] problem with removing HTTP request interceptor

Posted by Johannes Koch <jo...@fit.fraunhofer.de>.
Sam Berlin schrieb:
> That's a bug with the method signature.  It should be defined as:
>
> public void removeRequestInterceptorByClass(Class<? extends
> HttpRequestInterceptor> clazz);

Thanks, Sam. Issue reported (HTTPCLIENT-758) and patch provided.

Posted by Sam Berlin <sb...@gmail.com>.
That's a bug with the method signature.  It should be defined as:

public void removeRequestInterceptorByClass(Class<? extends
HttpRequestInterceptor> clazz);

Sam