Posted to dev@jmeter.apache.org by Antonio Gomes Rodrigues <ra...@gmail.com> on 2017/11/11 21:42:18 UTC

Space in URI

Hi,

According to
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2593214/android-howto-parse-url-string-with-spaces-to-uri-object
and https://stackoverflow.com/questions/5442658/spaces-in-urls I understand
that no space are allowed in URI

IN JMeter if in HTTP Request Defaults I put a Server name with a space
(e.g. "httpbin.org ") and I execute a HTTP request (e.g http://httpbin.org
/ip) I have this error

Response code: Non HTTP response code: java.net.URISyntaxException
Response message: Non HTTP response message: Illegal character in authority
at index 7: http://httpbin.org /ip

Do we need to trim URI or replace space by %20 ?

If yes, is it ok to performance?

Antonio

Re: Space in URI

Posted by Antonio Gomes Rodrigues <ra...@gmail.com>.

> Hi Antonio,
> My questions below.
>
> On Sat, Nov 11, 2017 at 10:42 PM, Antonio Gomes Rodrigues <
> ra0077@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > According to
> > https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2593214/android-
> > howto-parse-url-string-with-spaces-to-uri-object
> > and https://stackoverflow.com/questions/5442658/spaces-in-urls I
> > understand
> > that no space are allowed in URI
> >
> > IN JMeter if in HTTP Request Defaults I put a Server name with a space
> > (e.g. "httpbin.org ") and I execute a HTTP request (e.g
> http://httpbin.org
> > /ip) I have this error
> >
> > Response code: Non HTTP response code: java.net.URISyntaxException
> > Response message: Non HTTP response message: Illegal character in
> authority
> > at index 7: http://httpbin.org /ip
> >
> > Do we need to trim URI or replace space by %20 ?
> >
> Why do you want to trim ?  To ease  users work ?

Yes

Last time I have accidentally put a space and I need use View Results Tree
to find it (it was easy and quick, but a newbee will make more time to find
it)

Re: Space in URI

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
Hi Antonio,