Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by James Butler <ja...@musicforhumans.com> on 2008/10/28 20:18:49 UTC

Re: I hate Spam Assassin, don't know how it got on my computer anddesperately need to get rid of it

Thank you, Rev. Mitleid.

It does appear that your MAIL service provider, capital.net, is indeed using SpamAssassin, and that your message indicated below has been identified as spam and blocked by capital.net. You should send that same data to your representative at your ACCESS provider (ISP), Logical.net, and ask them about it. I do not know how Logical.net is set up, or if capital.net is one of its affiliates.

If it is blocking ALL of your mail from going out, then the information you posted will help them identify your issue. Your first message indicated that it was a sporadic problem with some of your clients, and your second message indicates that you are now completely unable to send mail through that mail server. This sounds like what was initially a small issue with the contents of your messages (recognized as spam) and, when you kept trying to send out the "spam"-classified messages, capital.net finally had enough, and has "blacklisted" your IP address, because they think you are a spammer.

Only they (capital.net) can clear that up for you.

As far as moving forward with sending more messages to your clients, you should endeavour to educate yourself about WHY your messages are being classified as spam, and learn to write messages that are less "spammy". I suggest this because even if you succeed in getting off the "black list", you will undoubtedly end up back on it again as soon as you start to send messages that are similar in content to the ones that caused the condition in the first place.

James Butler
Internet Society - Los Angeles Chapter
Chairman of the Board
jbutler@isoc-la.org