Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by renen <re...@121.co.za> on 2008/09/08 23:08:09 UTC

james into "promiscuous" mode?

Hello,

I would like to configure James so that is handles any domain that has its
MX record pointing at my server.

In other words, if mail is delivered to my server, I would like to handle
irrespective of the servenames listed in the config file.

Out of the box, is this possible?

Would the following work?

<servernames autodetect="false" autodetectIP="false">

        <servername>192.168.0.1</servername>

</servernames>

Why wouldn't James be configured like this by default?

I appreciate and look forward to your replies!

Renen.

Re: james into "promiscuous" mode?

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
Here is what I'd do:

<smtpserver><handler>..
<authorizedAddresses>0.0.0.0/32</authorizedAddresses>
                               ^^^
This is a match all, not sure it will work.
This tell the smtpserver to consider any IP as an authorized IP.

At some point in processors you have
<mailet match="RecipientIsLocal" class="LocalDelivery"/>
change it to:
<mailet match="All" class="LocalDelivery"/>

This will deliver any mail locally without checking the domain
(guessing...).

Then anything after that mailet can be deleted because you don't need a
RemoteDelivery in a similar configuration.

Stefano