Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2001/05/02 09:41:41 UTC

Re: Task for collecting code metrics

Johannes Brodwall <jo...@brodwall.com> wrote:

> I managed to compile CCCC, but when I tried running it, it got very
> upset at practically all my files.

I had some strange problems as well (I think related to inner or
package private classes).  CCCC is open source, so ... I know, I
didn't have the time to brush up my C++ either 8-).

> I couldn't find the Alexandria project from the Jakarta main page.

There now is a link to it.

Stefan

Re: Task for collecting code metrics

Posted by Michael Twomey <mi...@ireland.sun.com>.
Hmm, I've never had problems with CCCC but then again I've never tried
it on any really large system. I noticed on its sourceforge page that
there are a few bugs logged against certain structures in code which
cause it to throw a wobbler so I'm guessing you've managed to stumble
over one of those.

I just compiled it out of the box and it worked fine for me.

This could easily get off topic so all I can say is that it works for me
but I guess mileage will vary depending on how you structure your code.

cheers,
	mick

--
Michael Twomey
These opinions are my own and do not represent Sun unless otherwise