Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by jonathan rask <ra...@ihug.co.nz> on 2000/05/15 05:26:46 UTC

documentation/6082: Vaild directory characters > 0-9 , a-z (client cannot create numeric 0-9 directory properly-ie "0")...

>Number:         6082
>Category:       documentation
>Synopsis:       Vaild directory characters > 0-9 , a-z (client cannot create numeric 0-9 directory properly-ie "0")...
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Responsible:    apache
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   apache
>Arrival-Date:   Sun May 14 20:30:08 PDT 2000
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     rask@ihug.co.nz
>Release:        1.3

I currently use www.domainvalet.com to host my three sites.
My three sites are cybabase.org ,cybabase.net , cybabase.com

Problem:

I currently have a problem with using my host to create valid directory names
begining with a numeric character like "0" and 0\1 , 0\2 , 0\3 .I am told the
software "apache?" my host provides cannot accept any directory created other than alfabetical characters,is this a unix/linux problem or because the c language cannot handle a directory called "0" and subdirs called 0\1,0\2,0\3 etc to have my web page layout within?

I locicaly use "0" as a directory in the root of my host space as 1,2,3 follow
naturally in sequence below as subdirectories,and therefore donot which to be forced to use an alabetical character like "t" etc when "0" is the logical dir
to contain my prefered subdir layer for my web page content.

I assume as the client sw states 0-9 ,a-z are valid characters and I wish to use "0" as it is listed has the highest order when viewing a web site via a browser,saving me to page down through the system directory layout etc.

After a bit of work we got the filemanager at www.domainvalet.com to let me create my "0" root dir on my host web site and subdir via ftp but the online filemanager refuses to see or let me manage the site because it can't handle or reconize the mentioned "0" directory layout !
>How-To-Repeat:
cybabase.com
>Fix:
Non until I get reply as to thre problem or help as to why most or any hosts have a problem with a "0" dir status ...
 [to include <ap...@Apache.Org> in the Cc line and make sure the]