Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Jonathan Wright <jo...@aboutit.co.nz> on 2004/12/20 21:19:33 UTC

Indox message_name and repository_name field values

Hi,

Firstly apologies for what may possibly be an inappropriate use of this
list. I have posted numerous questions on the user list regarding this
problem but to no avail.

I an developing an application that requires additional database tables
(over an above Inbox) to store message related information. The analysis of
incoming/outgoing mail obviously occurs in mailets when a message is
residing on the spool, which is also implemented as a db table. I therefore
need to be able to link my tables with Inbox records. My question can be
summarised as follows:

If I cast a Mail instance to type MailImp and call its getName() method
whilst its on the spool, will this value, in all cases, be the same as the
value that ends up in the Inbox message_name field?

Am I correct in assuming that the repository_name field is simply the value
found in the Users table username field?

Would I be better of creating a custom JdbcRepository?

Many thanks in advance,

Jonathan Wright