Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by "Echlin, Jamie" <ja...@credit-suisse.com> on 2013/02/11 12:54:19 UTC

exact ordering of handler

Hi,

I have a perl handler that sets the remote user from information
provided in a PKI certificate. I would like the handler to run after
mod_ssl but before mod_authz_svn, basically the same as the following C
code:

   static const char * const pre[] = { "mod_ssl.c", NULL };
   static const char * const post[] = { "mod_authz_svn.c", NULL };
   ap_hook_check_user_id(authmapper_fixup, pre, post, APR_HOOK_FIRST);

I can't work out how to do this with a modperl handler - any of the
handlers here: http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/handlers/intro.html
run either too early or too late.

I had a look at Apache2::HookRun - is this something that could help?

The background is I am trying to substitute the user name in the request
from the common name in the certificate. I could write it all in C but
it involves some LDAP queries so would be simpler to use perl.

Thanks in advance, jamie