Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Ma...@ing.com.au on 2002/04/11 06:42:53 UTC

Re: Why Turbine security om classes didn't use om classes generatedby Torque?

John,

Thanks for your reply.

The Torque I used to generate my om classes was bundled with the download file
tdk-2.1.zip.md5.
Basically, I use the ant build script provided by tdk to generated those om
classes. The om classes I've generated
don't have checkExist() API. But in the Turbine Security om classes like
UserPeer, RolePeer, PermissionPeer
all have checkExist(). And Turbine Security om classes don't have the Base*
classes. I am just wondering
what happened here?

I suspect if the turbine security classes are generated by torque, it probably
uses different Torque versions.
Could you please confirm which Torque version do you use?

Thanks,
Qingwen

Re: Why Turbine security om classes didn't use om classes generatedby Torque?

From: John McNally
Subject: Re: Why Turbine security om classes didn't use om classes generatedby
Torque?
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 19:14:11 -0700

The security classes are generated by torque.

john mcnally

Mao.Qingwen@ing.com.au wrote:

> I 've recently spent some time explored Turbine security service features.
Some

Posted by John McNally <jm...@collab.net>.
The version of torque does not matter.  I guess the security classes in
turbine-2.1 might not have been generated by torque, but the one's in
turbine-fulcrum (used in tdk-2.2) are.

Here is the class declaration in TurbineRole.java:

public  class TurbineRole
    extends org.apache.fulcrum.security.impl.db.entity.BaseTurbineRole
    implements Role, Comparable

you can implement any methods that are not generated by torque in your
equivalent to TurbineRole and the rest of the security classes.

john mcnally

Posted by Eric Dobbs <er...@dobbse.net>.
In TDK2.1 I don't think the security tables are torque generated.
This is a known problem that has been fixed in the decoupled
Torque.  Your next question will be about using the decoupled
Torque.  For that you will need to use the 2.2beta TDK here:
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-turbine/tdk/release/2.2-b1/

Hope that helps.
-Eric