Posted to dev@zookeeper.apache.org by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com> on 2019/02/07 21:32:38 UTC

Re: What about using Travis-CI ?

Thank you Andor for mergin Travis configuration file.

Unfortunately the build sometimes hangs and Travis fails the build

Timeout (30 minutes) reached. Terminating "mvn verify
-Dmaven.test.redirectTestOutputToFile=true -Dsurefire-forkcount=4"
The command mvn verify -Dmaven.test.redirectTestOutputToFile=true
-Dsurefire-forkcount=4 exited with 137.

Enrico

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
Il giorno gio 7 feb 2019, 22:56 Norbert Kalmar <nk...@cloudera.com.invalid>
ha scritto:

> Keep in mind we have to run the tests on one thread in 3.4, so keep
> -Dsurefire-forkcount=1.

With forkcount=1 tests take too long for Travis.
I will perform experiments on my private fork, we can disable travis for
3.4 or
we can limit Travis to a simple 'full build without tests' in the mean time.

If we will invest more resources in splitting Jenkins jobs we can drop
Travis as it seems too limited for Zookeeper (in Bookkeeper we are using it
only for validation of the build without tests for instance).
The advantage of Travis is the the contributor is free to restart the build
and security risks are over Travis infra.

Also I would like to try to run the suite without requiring fsync to disk,
maybe the build may complete faster.

Enrico

Posted by Norbert Kalmar <nk...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.