Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Anders Ödlund <an...@cic.se> on 2000/06/25 19:16:12 UTC

escaping of characters in xsl:attribute

Hello!

I have a problem with escaping of characters when using xsl:attribute, this
is an
example of my xsl

	<input type="text" name="title">
		<xsl:attribute name="value">
			<xsl:value-of select="document/title"
disable-output-escaping="yes"/>
		</xsl:attribute>
	</input>

my xml document looks like this, with the value of document title already
encoded. (if
I dont escape the title I just get questionmarks for some characters like
&#260; and &#321;
when i print in outside an xsl:attribute)

	<document>
		<title>&#197;&#196;&#214;</title>
	</document>

this will produce the following html:

	<input type="text" name="title"
value="&amp;#197;&amp;#196;&amp;#214;">

but what I want is:

	<input type="text" name="title" value="&#197;&#196;&#214;">

when I don't use an xsl:attribute but instead just print the title i dont
get the ampersand
escaped.

I use Xalan-Java version 1.1.D01 with the included version of xerces.

Is this a bug or the expected behaviour and if so, is there some workaround?

/Anders

Anders Ödlund <an...@cic.se>
CIC - Center of Interactive Communication
http://www.cic.se/
Telephone. +46 521 26 20 00
Telefax. +46 521 26 20 20
Mobile. +46 709 10 56 62