Posted to fop-commits@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2005/08/31 11:27:56 UTC

[Xmlgraphics-fop Wiki] Update of "FOPProjectTasks" by ManuelMall

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Xmlgraphics-fop Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by ManuelMall:
http://wiki.apache.org/xmlgraphics-fop/FOPProjectTasks

The comment on the change is:
Minor updates to more closely reflect current status

-  *  /!\ create a release plan once we can see that we can start releasing again.
+  *  /!\ create a release plan once we can see that we can start releasing again. (in progress see ["ReleasePlanFirstPR"])

  == Documentation ==

-  * Extend the compliance document to show 1.0dev capabilities and allow comparison between 0.20.5 and 1.0dev.
+  * Extend the compliance document to show 1.0dev capabilities and allow comparison between 0.20.5 and 1.0dev. (done - Aug 05)

  == Testing ==

-  *  /!\ Create additional layout engine test cases (see HowToCreateLayoutEngineTests).
+  *  /!\ Create additional layout engine test cases (see HowToCreateLayoutEngineTests). (in progress - as of Aug 31 there are nearly 200 tests in the repository)
   *  Create a test subsystem that allows the generated PDF, PS and Java2D/AWT output to be converted to a bitmap so it can be compared to reference bitmaps. (in progress)

  == Interfaces and frontends ==

-  *  /!\ Write a specification for the API and vote on it.
+  *  /!\ Write a specification for the API and vote on it. (in progress)
   *  complete renderer plugabillity (following the pattern used by FOP extensions and XMLHandlers)
   *  Revisit configurability by userconfig.xml
   *  Split engine configuration from per-run configuration
@@ -42, +42 @@

  == Fonts ==

-  *  work with Victor Mote to check feasibility to integrate his font subsystem from [http://foray.sf.net Foray] into FOP.
+  *  work with Victor Mote to check feasibility to integrate his font subsystem from [http://foray.sf.net Foray] into FOP. (Integration work is now in progress - Aug 05)

-  *  Support font-family lists to make life easier for our users.
+  *  Support font-family lists to make life easier for our users. (should be resolved as part of the FOray integration)

  (see also ["FOPFontSubsystemDesign"])

@@ -81, +81 @@

     * column creation when not defined
     * background painting is incomplete
     * column groups not supported, yet
-    * collapsing border model (basics researched and documented, now we only need to implement it)
+    * collapsing border model (in progress)
     * Reimplement table-and-caption and table-caption

   *  footnotes/before floats
@@ -100, +100 @@

   *  graphics
     * tests for e-g and i-f-o (look at line-stacking-strategy and place of images in a line)
-    * revisit URI resolution and custom image/stream injection
+    * revisit URI resolution (done - Aug 05)
+    * custom image/stream injection
     * Make image providers pluggable and priorities per image format, not per provider.
-    * Investigate strange behaviour with certain URIs.
+    * Investigate strange behaviour with certain URIs. (done - Aug 05)

  == Inline areas ==

@@ -121, +122 @@

  = Area Tree =

   * Is all the area tree information correct.
-  * Are {{{BlockViewport}}} and other viewports correct? (Test using layout engine tests)
+  * Are {{{BlockViewport}}} and other viewports correct (Test using layout engine tests)? (in progress)
   * Writing mode, stacking direction and orientation, width/height vs. ipb/bpd. (See ["FOPWritingModesAndBidiDesign"]).
   * Develop an intermediate format (serialized representation of the area tree, probably XML-based, not serialized objects) that people can use to do manual modifications (impositioning ("two-up"), tweaking, OMR support etc.). Strategy needs to be determined first.

@@ -171, +172 @@

  == PostScript renderer ==

-  *  Bring up to the same level as the PDF renderer.
+  *  Bring up to the same level as the PDF renderer. (in progress)
   *  SVG text painter (basics are there)
   *  Provide level 2 and 3 (make configurable)

@@ -203, +204 @@

  == Images ==

-  *  Image subsystem needs a refactoring. See ImageSupport. This includes the point righ above for SVG.
+  *  Image subsystem needs a refactoring. See ImageSupport. This includes the point right above for SVG.