Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Bart - Eduardo Cruz <ed...@eduardocruz.com> on 2007/07/08 18:43:21 UTC

Eclipse JCRManagement

Is anybody here involved with JCRMAnagement (
http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/JCR_Management) ?

I'm wondering the relationship between JCRManagement and JCR-OCM.

--
----
EduardoCruz.com

Re: Eclipse JCRManagement

Posted by Christophe Lombart <ch...@gmail.com>.
On 7/11/07, Sandro Böhme <sa...@gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi Christophe,
>
> Christophe Lombart schrieb:
> > Is the code available somewhere ?
>
> not yet. It's no. 5 on my todo-list
> (http://wiki.eclipse.org/JCR_Management#To_Do). But maybe I can
> prioritize it higher.
> Please tell me if I missed something regarding the JCR-OCM in the FAQ
> entry and I can add it for you.

No that's ok. I would like to compare in more details but this is not really
urgent.

br,
Christophe

Re: Eclipse JCRManagement

Posted by Sandro Böhme <sa...@gmx.de>.
Hi Christophe,

Christophe Lombart schrieb:
> Is the code available somewhere ?

not yet. It's no. 5 on my todo-list
(http://wiki.eclipse.org/JCR_Management#To_Do). But maybe I can
prioritize it higher.
Please tell me if I missed something regarding the JCR-OCM in the FAQ
entry and I can add it for you.

Bye,

Sandro

Re: Eclipse JCRManagement

Posted by Christophe Lombart <ch...@gmail.com>.

Re: Eclipse JCRManagement

Posted by Sandro Böhme <sa...@gmx.de>.

Re: Eclipse JCRManagement

Posted by Sandro Böhme <sa...@gmx.de>.
>> Is anybody here involved with JCRMAnagement (
>> http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/JCR_Management) ?
Yes, I'am :-).

>> I'm wondering the relationship between JCRManagement and JCR-OCM.
In short: One part of JCR Management has the same goal of JCR-OCM
(exposing node data and operations in domain models) but it uses an MDSD
approach using the Eclipse Modeling Framework (EMF). Additionally JCR
Management also has other goals like ad hoc and batched refactoring
support.
I could tell you more about it but I think it makes more sense to make
an online presentation as soon as it is demoable.

Within the next two weeks I will probably be able to work on it within
working hours sponsored by my employer inovex GmbH (http://www.inovex.de).
You can stay up to date about it having a look at the wiki page that I
update on a regular basis.

I'm looking forward to answer any specific question you might have.

Bye,

Sandro

Re: Eclipse JCRManagement

Posted by Sandro Böhme <sa...@gmx.de>.