Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Shane O'Donnell <sh...@opennms.org> on 2000/09/28 22:18:43 UTC

DTD transfer: Supported or not?

Our internal dispute is over the fact that the spec says you can't include a
DTD.  Does that mean that you can't include a DTD for the XML within the
envelope, or that you can't include a DTD for the entire SOAP packet (header
& envelope)?

I hope this makes some sense to someone else...

TIA,

Shane O.
========
Shane O'Donnell
OpenNMS
shaneo@opennms.org
http://www.opennms.org

Re: DTD transfer: Supported or not?

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@watson.ibm.com>.
You would have to put the DTD in a CDATA block and then you can send
it. Since there's an <Envelope> element, there's no way to put a DTD
in directly inside that.

The alternate option is to use SOAP attachments.

Sanjiva.