Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Wills, Mike N. (TC)" <MN...@taylorcorp.com> on 2002/08/13 20:26:04 UTC

Tomcat 4.1 in production

I have heard of some people using Tomcat 4.1 in a production environment. I
know that running beta software is usually a bad thing. What are people's
experiences with it here?

Mike Wills

Re: Tomcat 4.1 in production

Posted by Nic Holbrook <mo...@xmission.com>.
Wills, Mike N. (TC) wrote:

>I have heard of some people using Tomcat 4.1 in a production environment. I
>know that running beta software is usually a bad thing. What are people's
>experiences with it here?
>
>Mike Wills
>
>--

I have had a few bad experiences, but 4.13 has been the one that seems
to work great for me.  I am using it in conjunction with apache 1.2X and
have had pretty good success.  Classloader works the way I need it to,
and the performance is good.  I haven't had any problems at all with
this version.  I haven't tried the 4.17 or 4.18 versions yet, though.
 I'll give em a try and if they work, I will probably upgrade on our
next software release.
The best thing to do is start running one of the 4.1X versions on your
development box and make sure everything works.  If all is good, think
about doing the upgrade.  If everything goes smoothly, I definitely
wouldn't hesitate putting a 4.1.X release in production.

Later

Nic Holbrook