Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Lucas Gonzalez Pearson <lu...@convergia.com.ar> on 2004/07/16 17:29:02 UTC

Tiles problem when uploading war .... was [Re: Extending Request Processor]

Hi,
I am still trying to find the root of this problem but I don´t seem to be
able to do it.

Has anyone experienced this problem before?
copying a struts .war file to jboss´ deploy directory and then getting this
error:

javax.servlet.ServletException: TilesPlugin : Specified RequestProcessor not
compatible with TilesRequestProcessor
    at
org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesPlugin.initRequestProcessorClass(TilesPlugin.ja
va:360)

( doing a restart throws no errors )...

Any ideas? pointers?

Thanks... =)

Posted by Brett Connor <br...@spamcop.net>.
I'd be tempted to ignore the 'no errors after restart' as a red herring
as a first approach - I've seen these kinds of things from JBoss before,
it does seem in some instances to use different code for startup and for
hot deploy. In my experience the one that reported the errors was indeed
correct, the one that doesn't is just being a little too lenient, either
in interface requirements or XML parsing.
Run it in a debugger as previously suggested may well be the best next
step. I haven't used tiles yet, but I suspect you there's something
silly going on and you can take the exception at its word.

Dunno if that helps at all.
Brett Connor