Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Dieter Braun <di...@onevision.com> on 2014/03/05 14:36:30 UTC

Re: sa-update fails - bug 6702 reappearing? --- solved

Thanks a lot for this hint - that's been it!

This had happened: The files /etc/mail/spamassassin/*.pre, that already
existed, were not replaced by the new versions. Only the new file
v340.pre was copied to /etc/mail/spamassassin.

After moving the existing *.pre files somewhere else and copying the new
*.pre files, sa-update worked without any problem.

But now I'm wondering, why the *.pre files aren't included in
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/auto/Mail/SpamAssassin/.packlist
(and not included in the file list shown after "make uninstall")? But
that's another topic.

(Sorry, that I couldn't come back to this topic earlier - many
colleagues are ill and need substitution.)

Best regards and many thanks,
Dieter

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <KM...@PCCC.com>.
On 3/5/2014 8:36 AM, Dieter Braun wrote:
> Thanks a lot for this hint - that's been it!
>
> This had happened: The files /etc/mail/spamassassin/*.pre, that
> already existed, were not replaced by the new versions. Only the new
> file v340.pre was copied to /etc/mail/spamassassin.
>
> After moving the existing *.pre files somewhere else and copying the
> new *.pre files, sa-update worked without any problem.
>
> But now I'm wondering, why the *.pre files aren't included in
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/auto/Mail/SpamAssassin/.packlist
> (and not included in the file list shown after "make uninstall")? But
> that's another topic.

User configuration files (.pre files are intended to be changed) are
usually exempted to avoid removing important local configuration.

The bug really was on our end where we were not testing all the plugins
needed for that rule and you happened to have one of the two disabled.

You just helped identify the bug.

> (Sorry, that I couldn't come back to this topic earlier - many
> colleagues are ill and need substitution.)
Better health to them!

regards,
KAM