Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by John12345 <kh...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/19 12:47:26 UTC

How to recieve the latest update in an Topic -- ActiveMQ

Dears,
       Can you please answer me in the following issue and inform me if it
is valid in ActiveMQ or not

I have a publisher application that creates some topics and sends messages
to each topic
on the other side i have consumers for each topic to take updates and prints
them.

What i want is that for a certain time i get the latest message published in
each topic.
Which means that i can get the latest update in each topic.

i don't want to listen for a topic but get the latest update in the topics.

Please help me in this request as it is very important requirements in our
application and up on it we will decide to use ActiveMQ or not.

Re: How to recieve the latest update in an Topic -- ActiveMQ

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
You want to enable the the last image subscription recovery policy in
conjunction with the retro active consumer..  See:
http://activemq.apache.org/retroactive-consumer.html

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 6:47 AM, John12345 <kh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dears,
>       Can you please answer me in the following issue and inform me if it
> is valid in ActiveMQ or not
>
> I have a publisher application that creates some topics and sends messages
> to each topic
> on the other side i have consumers for each topic to take updates and prints
> them.
>
> What i want is that for a certain time i get the latest message published in
> each topic.
> Which means that i can get the latest update in each topic.
>
> i don't want to listen for a topic but get the latest update in the topics.
>
> Please help me in this request as it is very important requirements in our
> application and up on it we will decide to use ActiveMQ or not.

Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com

Open Source SOA
http://open.iona.com