Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Steve Schwarz <sa...@hotmail.com> on 2003/07/29 17:02:41 UTC

Debugging Actions - redirecting stdio/action state

Hi
I'm new to writing actions and am having trouble debugging an action I've
written.

Is there a way for Cocoon's error logger to capture and log error messages
sent to stderr/stdout by actions within a pipeline? I'm invoking a JavaCC
generated parser within an action I've written to convert a non-XML data to
my XML format. The action works correctly the first time but always fails
the second time on constructing my parser. I'm betting that the parser is
spewing some error but I can't get at the error message. Can I configure
Cocoon to help? (Otherwise I'll modifiy the generated code to log to my own
file).

Is it possible that the parser I'm creating within the action is still in
existence on the second running of the action?
Is there caching of action instances going on?
I'm calling new to create the Parser instance within the action's act() so I
assume that I'm getting a new Parser instance each time the action is
invoked...(?).

Thanks for your help
Steve