Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com> on 2022/01/26 14:38:06 UTC

[RELEASE] Tapestry 5.8.0 released

Hello, Tapestry community!

Tapestry 5.8.0 has just been released. It's focused on a couple of new
features:
* Support for writing REST endpoints. Read more about this on its
documentation page: https://tapestry.apache.org/rest-support-580.html.
* Support for Servlet API 3.0+ asynchronous requests.

Full release notes at https://tapestry.apache.org/release-notes-580.html.

Tapestry 5.8.0 is a drop-in replacement and recommended upgrade for
Tapestry 5.7.0+ projects. No backward-incompatible changes.

All feedback is welcome.

Happy coding!

--
Thiago

Re: [RELEASE] Tapestry 5.8.0 released

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Jan 31, 2022 at 7:01 PM Charles Karow <ch...@karow.com> wrote:

> I am just getting to looking at the docs - this is great!

The documentation isn't that great yet, so please let me know what parts
need some love.

> I will be putting the new REST features to use right away; I have been
> implementing a REST-like API in the onActivate() event. The new REST
> support will make it so much easier and cleaner.

Awesome! Yeah, it was always possible to do REST in Tapestry, but it was
definitely unwieldy. We hope this shouldn't be a problem anymore with
proper REST support.

As always, all feedback is welcome!

Posted by Charles Karow <ch...@karow.com>.

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jan 26, 2022 at 7:24 PM Volker Lamp <vo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Thiago & other contributors,

Hello!

Thank you very much for new release. The Rest API feature is a very useful
> addition.

Our pleasure! We're looking for your feedback on REST support! As much as
we try to architect it to be easy to use and useful, having it used in the
wild always sheds some light on situations we didn't foresee or stuff we
could have done better.

> Thank you all for the hours and brains you put into the new release.

Thanks!

Posted by Volker Lamp <vo...@gmail.com>.
Hello Thiago & other contributors,

Thank you very much for new release. The Rest API feature is a very useful addition. Sorry I missed the vote.

Thank you all for the hours and brains you put into the new release.

Volker

Re: [RELEASE] Tapestry 5.8.0 released

Posted by Massimo Lusetti <ml...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations to all involved! Great work!

--
Massimo Lusetti