Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Lahiru Gunathilake <gl...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/01 19:00:30 UTC

Re: [Java] Management CLI - Instructions

Hi Robbie,

On Sun, May 24, 2009 at 11:42 PM, Robbie Gemmell
<ro...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Confirmed, the output it gives is one of the wonderful SSL exception
> messages.
>
> It can be handled by supplying the relevant trust store for the self signed
> cert:
> export QPID_OPTS="-Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=<path to trust store>
> -Djavax.net.ssl.trustStorePassword=<trust store password>"
>
> (use qpid/java/test_resources/ssl/certstore.jks as the trust store for the
> cert in the repository)
>
> Then you can proceed to connect in the usual fashion:
> ./qpid-cli -u <username> -w <password>
>
> These instructions doesn't work for me, I set the QPID_OPTS variables and
tried to access the broker using following command

./qpid-cli -u admin -w password

can you please tell me how to fix this.

Lahiru

> Robbie

Apache Qpid, Worlds dominant messaging middleware..!!!

Senior Software Engineer
WSO2 Inc

RE: [Java] Management CLI - Instructions

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
Hi Lahiru,

I'm not really sure what to tell you, I've followed the below process on a
couple of occasions with the CLI in the last year without issue, do it all
the time with the RCP app, and its effectively what the tests do day in day
out. Perhaps the easiest course would be to just turn off the management SSL
if you don't actually plan to configure your own self-signed certificate (or
use a CA signed cert which you don't need to give a trust store for). To do
so edit the brokers etc/config.xml file and change the
to connect assuming the problem isn't related to something else.

Robbie