Posted to users@maven.apache.org by wytten <da...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/26 13:58:54 UTC

3.0-alpha7 password decryption

I've got an issue related to password decryption in 3.0-alpha7 that makes the
mvn -X option effectively unusable.  The password I've got in my
settings.xml file looks like this:

            <password>{DESede}y+qq...==</password>

This is an Artifactory setup password and it does work, however mvn -X logs
exceptions about it so frequently that it makes -X almost impossible to use.
Is there some way I can suppress this behavior through configuration?  The
exception that it logs over and over again is:

[DEBUG] Failed to decrypt password for server central:
org.sonatype.plexus.components.cipher.PlexusCipherException:
org.sonatype.plexus.components.sec.dispatcher.SecDispatcherException:
org.sonatype.plexus.components.cipher.PlexusCipherException:
Caused by: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException
	at java.lang.System.arraycopy(Native Method)
	at
org.sonatype.plexus.components.cipher.PBECipher.decrypt64(PBECipher.java:175)
	... 47 more

Re: 3.0-alpha7 password decryption

Posted by wytten <da...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the quick response, here is the issue I created:
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-4611

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@sonatype.com>.
Raise an issue in JIRA.

On Mar 26, 2010, at 5:58 AM, wytten wrote:

> I've got an issue related to password decryption in 3.0-alpha7 that makes the
> mvn -X option effectively unusable.  The password I've got in my
> settings.xml file looks like this:
>
>            <password>{DESede}y+qq...==</password>
>
> This is an Artifactory setup password and it does work, however mvn -X logs
> exceptions about it so frequently that it makes -X almost impossible to use.
> Is there some way I can suppress this behavior through configuration?  The
> exception that it logs over and over again is:
>
> [DEBUG] Failed to decrypt password for server central:
> org.sonatype.plexus.components.cipher.PlexusCipherException:
> org.sonatype.plexus.components.sec.dispatcher.SecDispatcherException:
> org.sonatype.plexus.components.cipher.PlexusCipherException:
> Caused by: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException
> 	at java.lang.System.arraycopy(Native Method)
> 	at
> org.sonatype.plexus.components.cipher.PBECipher.decrypt64(PBECipher.java:175)
> 	... 47 more

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven