Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Mike Shoemaker <mi...@shoesobjects.com> on 2004/03/27 17:13:26 UTC

Large Attachments get sent twice

Im having some problems sending large (> 1MB) attachments to users
outside my mailserver.  This setup never has a problem sending typical
size email messages.  Its been working rock solid for more than a year.
  Anyone know of a setting that can help this issue?

Im running James 2.1.1, mysql message store, on Redhat Linux 8.0.

Mike Shoemaker
mike@shoesobjects.com

RE: Large Attachments get sent twice

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> It seems that it attempts to send and james doesn't think it completed
> so it tries again.  The person that Im attempting to send it to
> receives it multiple times.

OK.  That addresses the questions about packet size and whether or not it is
happening in RemoteDelivery.  So now we have the harder part, which is why
JavaMail doesn't think it transfered.  Look for any exceptions in
mailet.log.

You might want to update your copy of JavaMail to the current one from Sun.

	--- Noel

Re: Large Attachments get sent twice

Posted by Mike Shoemaker <mi...@shoesobjects.com>.
It seems that it attempts to send and james doesn't think it completed
so it tries again.  The person that Im attempting to send it to
receives it multiple times.  Mostly twice, sometimes more.
Im not what is happening beyond this.  You suggest turning on debug
logging for spool manager?  I can do that.

Max Packet Size in my.conf is set to 12M.  The attachment isn't that
big though.

Mike Shoemaker
mike@shoesobjects.com

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.