Posted to user@cayenne.apache.org by Tony Giaccone <to...@giaccone.org> on 2021/11/21 23:11:22 UTC

Questions about the modeler

Two questions about reverse engineering.

Is there a setting that will cause the modeler to emit the SQL that is used to read tables and schema information?

Second is where is it in the modeler that generates this sql?

Tony

Re: Questions about the modeler

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <aa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Tony,

We do not generate this SQL. Schema retrieval is abstracted by the JDBC API, so specifics are hidden within a given driver. All we do is this:

  DatabaseMetaData md = connection.getMetadata();
  md.getTables(..);
  md.getColumns(..);
  md.getImportedKeys(..);

Andrus