Posted to user@flink.apache.org by 张颖 <qu...@163.com> on 2021/04/12 07:07:19 UTC

Does it support rate-limiting in flink 1.12?

When I run a sql job with blink planner in my cluster,the task is almost preemption the whole resources in the cluster,  and this is a bad effect to the stream task.As it is not necessary on speed,so is there any way to control the rate in my batch task?

this is the machine performance in running some operator:

Re: Re: Does it support rate-limiting in flink 1.12?

Posted by Roman Khachatryan <ro...@apache.org>.
In Flink, you can only limit memory usage, e.g. via
taskmanager.memory.process.size [1]
(throttling could be implemented using the DataStream API, but you
mentioned you are using SQL).
Quotas on other resources can be set in the underlying resource manager.

But I'd suggest investigating the failure and understand what's
causing it. Probably, high resource usage is not the root cause.

[1]
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-stable/deployment/config.html#memory-configuration

Regards,
Roman