Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Olivier Drouin <ol...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/08 14:41:02 UTC

[Studi] OpenLDAP cn=config browser issue

Hello!
          I encountered a weird issue on my setup lately and I'm not sure
what I did to break things.
          I used to be able to browse and modify the cn=config OpenLDAP
tree within Studio.

          I think the issue is with Studio because I can modify the
cn=config tree with ldapmodify using the RootDN of the config database.

For example:

$ cat setRO.ldif
# set a bd read-only
dn: olcDatabase={2}bdb,cn=config
changetype: modify
replace: olcReadOnly
olcReadOnly: TRUE

$ ldapmodify -W -D cn=Manager,cn=config  -f setRO.ldif
Enter LDAP Password:
modifying entry "olcDatabase={2}bdb,cn=config"

           .... but if I connect with cn=Manager,cn=config  with Studio I
no longer see the cn=config tree under the Root DSE. As I said earlier, it
used to work but I'm not sure what I did to break things, any idea ?

                Thank you,
                Olivier.

Re: [Studi] OpenLDAP cn=config browser issue

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>.
Great, thanks for the feedback!

Hope this thread will also help other people affected by the same symptom.

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud

Posted by Olivier Drouin <ol...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>.
Hi Olivier

Posted by Olivier Drouin <ol...@gmail.com>.
Studio is  Version: 2.0.0.v20130517
Openldap is 2.4.35 compiled with:  ./configure --prefix=/usr/local
--enable-modules --enable-overlays=mod

Thank you.

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.