Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by zacwolfe <za...@safisystems.com> on 2010/01/29 23:00:13 UTC

Problem with simple quartz.xml example in Servicemix 4.2.0 Snapshot

Hi guys,

I'm having a problem with the simple quartz.xml example included in the
distro. It works perfectly the first time but on subsequent servicemix
launches it fails with the following:

13:06:50,581 | ERROR | ExtenderThread-1 | ContextLoaderListener |
BundleApplicationContextListener 50 | Application context refresh failed
(OsgiBundleXmlApplicationContext(bundle=quartz_long.xml,
config=osgibundle:/META-INF/spring/*.xml))
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: Failed to
create the JAXB binder : javax.xml.bind.JAXBException: Provider
com.sun.xml.bind.v2.ContextFactory not found

    * with linked exception:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.sun.xml.bind.v2.ContextFactory; nested
exception is javax.xml.bind.JAXBException: Provider
com.sun.xml.bind.v2.ContextFactory not found

    * with linked exception:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.sun.xml.bind.v2.ContextFactory
at
org.apache.camel.spring.handler.CamelNamespaceHandler$CamelContextBeanDefinitionParser.doParse(CamelNamespaceHandler.java:209)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.AbstractSingleBeanDefinitionParser.parseInternal(AbstractSingleBeanDefinitionParser.java:84)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.AbstractBeanDefinitionParser.parse(AbstractBeanDefinitionParser.java:56)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.NamespaceHandlerSupport.parse(NamespaceHandlerSupport.java:69)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.parseCustomElement(BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.java:1297)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.parseCustomElement(BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.java:1287)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.parseBeanDefinitions(DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.java:135)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.registerBeanDefinitions(DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.java:92)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.registerBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:507)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.doLoadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:398)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:342)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:310)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:143)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:178)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:149)
at
org.springframework.osgi.context.support.OsgiBundleXmlApplicationContext.loadBeanDefinitions(OsgiBundleXmlApplicationContext.java:176)
at
org.springframework.osgi.context.support.OsgiBundleXmlApplicationContext.loadBeanDefinitions(OsgiBundleXmlApplicationContext.java:142)
at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractRefreshableApplicationContext.refreshBeanFactory(AbstractRefreshableApplicationContext.java:123)
at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.obtainFreshBeanFactory(AbstractApplicationContext.java:422)
at
org.springframework.osgi.context.support.AbstractDelegatedExecutionApplicationContext.access$800(AbstractDelegatedExecutionApplicationContext.java:69)
at
org.springframework.osgi.context.support.AbstractDelegatedExecutionApplicationContext$3.run(AbstractDelegatedExecutionApplicationContext.java:269)
at
org.springframework.osgi.util.internal.PrivilegedUtils.executeWithCustomTCCL(PrivilegedUtils.java:85)
at
org.springframework.osgi.context.support.AbstractDelegatedExecutionApplicationContext.startRefresh(AbstractDelegatedExecutionApplicationContext.java:247)
at
org.springframework.osgi.extender.internal.dependencies.startup.DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor.stageOne(DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor.java:222)
at
org.springframework.osgi.extender.internal.dependencies.startup.DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor.refresh(DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor.java:175)
at
org.springframework.osgi.context.support.AbstractDelegatedExecutionApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractDelegatedExecutionApplicationContext.java:175)
at
org.springframework.osgi.extender.internal.activator.ContextLoaderListener$2.run(ContextLoaderListener.java:718)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
Caused by: javax.xml.bind.JAXBException: Provider
com.sun.xml.bind.v2.ContextFactory not found

    * with linked exception:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.sun.xml.bind.v2.ContextFactory
at javax.xml.bind.ContextFinder.loadSpi(ContextFinder.java:174)
at javax.xml.bind.ContextFinder.find(ContextFinder.java:60)
at javax.xml.bind.JAXBContext.newInstance(JAXBContext.java:77)
at javax.xml.bind.JAXBContext.newInstance(JAXBContext.java:73)
at
org.apache.camel.spring.handler.CamelNamespaceHandler.createJaxbContext(CamelNamespaceHandler.java:171)
at
org.apache.camel.spring.handler.CamelNamespaceHandler.getJaxbContext(CamelNamespaceHandler.java:158)
at
org.apache.camel.spring.handler.CamelNamespaceHandler$CamelContextBeanDefinitionParser.doParse(CamelNamespaceHandler.java:207)
... 27 more
com.sun.xml.bind.v2.ContextFactory
at
org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:494)
at
org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:410)
at
org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:398)
at
org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:105)
at javax.xml.bind.ContextFinder.loadSpi(ContextFinder.java:169)
... 33 more

I should also add that if the quartz.xml is dropped into the deploy
directory after servicemix has started, it works fine. However if quartz.xml
is already in the deploy directory when servicemix is started, it fails with
the following:

org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: schema_reference.4: Failed to read schema
document 'http://camel.apache.org/schema/spring/camel-spring.xsd', because
1) could not find the document; 2) the document could not be read; 3) the
root element of the document is not <xsd:schema>.
at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(ErrorHandlerWrapper.java:195)
at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.warning(ErrorHandlerWrapper.java:96)
at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(XMLErrorReporter.java:380)
at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(XMLErrorReporter.java:318)
at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.xs.traversers.XSDHandler.reportSchemaErr(XSDHandler.java:2541)
at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.xs.traversers.XSDHandler.reportSchemaWarning(XSDHandler.java:2532)
at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.xs.traversers.XSDHandler.getSchemaDocument(XSDHandler.java:1836)
at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.xs.traversers.XSDHandler.parseSchema(XSDHandler.java:531)
at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.xs.XMLSchemaLoader.loadSchema(XMLSchemaLoader.java:552)
at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.xs.XMLSchemaValidator.findSchemaGrammar(XMLSchemaValidator.java:2408)
at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.xs.XMLSchemaValidator.handleStartElement(XMLSchemaValidator.java:1753)
at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.xs.XMLSchemaValidator.startElement(XMLSchemaValidator.java:685)
at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.java:400)
at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDriver.next(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:2747)
at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.next(XMLDocumentScannerImpl.java:648)
at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.next(XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.java:140)
at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:510)
at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:807)
at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:737)
at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:107)
at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.DOMParser.parse(DOMParser.java:225)
at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(DocumentBuilderImpl.java:283)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultDocumentLoader.loadDocument(DefaultDocumentLoader.java:75)
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.doLoadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:396)
[...]
13:27:19,246 | ERROR | ExtenderThread-1 | ContextLoaderListener |
BundleApplicationContextListener 50 | Application context refresh failed
(OsgiBundleXmlApplicationContext(bundle=quartz_long.xml,
config=osgibundle:/META-INF/spring/*.xml))
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionStoreException: Line
18 in XML document from URL
bundleentry://33.fwk21479899/META-INF/spring/quartz_long.xml is invalid;
nested exception is org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: cvc-complex-type.2.4.c:
The matching wildcard is strict, but no declaration can be found for element
'camel:camelContext'.
at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.doLoadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:404)
[...]
Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: cvc-complex-type.2.4.c: The
matching wildcard is strict, but no declaration can be found for element
'camel:camelContext'.
at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(ErrorHandlerWrapper.java:195)
at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.error(ErrorHandlerWrapper.java:131)
at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(XMLErrorReporter.java:384)
at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(XMLErrorReporter.java:318)
at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.xs.XMLSchemaValidator$XSIErrorReporter.reportError(XMLSchemaValidator.java:410)
at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.xs.XMLSchemaValidator.reportSchemaError(XMLSchemaValidator.java:3165)
at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.xs.XMLSchemaValidator.handleStartElement(XMLSchemaValidator.java:1898)
[...]
... 18 more

Any idea why this is happening?

Re: Problem with simple quartz.xml example in Servicemix 4.2.0 Snapshot

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com>.
Hey Zac,

Just did another test -- at first I couldn't reproduce it, but then I
noticed you were putting the quartz.xml file in the deploy folder
before it had ever been run.  If I do it that way, I can reproduce the
problem and I raised a JIRA issue to keep track of this
(https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/SMX4-480).

While we get that resolved, you can try:
- let the container start/install features one time
- move the quartz.xml file in the deploy folder

If I restart the container then, it will always come up correctly.  So
it looks like the original issue has been resolved (where the
quartz.xml works the first time, but failed on a subsequent startup).
We have some more work to do for getting this right on an intial
startup with artifacts pre-deployed.

Regards,

Gert Vanthienen
------------------------
Open Source SOA: http://fusesource.com

Posted by zacwolfe <za...@safisystems.com>.

Posted by zacwolfe <za...@safisystems.com>.
Thanks Gert,

Here's my findings using java version "1.6.0_16" in WinXP:

1. rebuilt
2. unzipped (testing in WinXP currently)
3. changed config.properties to use equinox
4. Copy simple example quartz.xml to deploy directory
5. servicemix.bat

I'm now getting this: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/quartz/JobDetail
when servicemix tries to start the quartz.xml bundle. Incidentally
servicemix starts fine without the quartz.xml deployed.

I've attached my log.  I hope that helps.
http://old.nabble.com/file/p27464231/karaf.log karaf.log

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com>.
Zac,

I just tried it myself with that snapshot and it seems to work fine
for me.  One possible reason I can think of for getting this kind of
exception, is an invalid end-of-line character in your config file.
We recommend using .tar.gz voor linux/solaris/macos and .zip for
windows.  Could you try once again with the most appropriate archive
type for your system?  Also, when editing the config file, make sure
your editor isn't configured with the wrong line ending (if it allows
setting that).

Regards,

Gert Vanthienen
------------------------

Posted by zacwolfe <za...@safisystems.com>.
Hi Gert,

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com>.
Zac,

Posted by zacwolfe <za...@safisystems.com>.
Perfect Gert thank you.

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com>.
Zac,

Posted by zacwolfe <za...@safisystems.com>.

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com>.
L.S.,

You have run into the one bug that's really holding us back to do the
4.2.0 release.  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-1928 was
causing a problem on restart, where the quartz.xml bundle is now being
started before JAXB bundles have been started.

While the bug has been fixed over a month ago, we're currently waiting
for the entire chain of dependencies down to FileInstall to get
released again - FileInstall -> Felix Framework -> Karaf so we can go
ahead with our 4.1.0 release.