Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by anyz <an...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/05 10:47:26 UTC

Using JSP pages in header/footer

I'm develping an application for Jetspeed 2.2.1 that was initially running
on Jetspped 1 . It uses JSP based header/footer templates that are heavily
customized to meet application need.

Initially i tried to get all those customizations into velocity templates
(header.vm and footer.vm) however as things becomming complex i badly need
JSP based header footer.

I have two questions in this regard:

1- I believe only way to customize header is through header.vm/header.jsp.
There is no other way.
2- Is it possibble to use JSP based pages for header/footer with JS 2.2.1.
What configuration i need for this?

Thanks

Re: Using JSP pages in header/footer

Posted by anyz <an...@gmail.com>.

> > I have two questions in this regard:
> >
> > 1- I believe only way to customize header is through
> header.vm/header.jsp.
> > There is no other way.
>
> You could actually not use headers or footers, and just use portlets

I need to display informatin like logged in user, current role, and other
things in header. Currently i have modified header.vm for this. If i
eleminate header file totally this can be achieved probably using frames and
many navigational links. In J2 these are generated based on folder/pages
present under Pages folder. In this case i need to created this navigation
manually in top header jsp file. Correct?

> > 2- Is it possibble to use JSP based pages for header/footer with JS
> 2.2.1.
> > What configuration i need for this?
>
> Should work in portlet pipeline as documented, the /ui pipeline is all
> JSP based btw

I switched to classic ui initially due to certain limitatiosn in new /ui
piplelines. Particularly having issues in loadig user specific pages.

Re: Using JSP pages in header/footer

Posted by David Taylor <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by anyz <an...@gmail.com>.
seems this URL is helpful.