Posted to user@ant.apache.org by shreedhar natarajan <sh...@ami.com> on 2006/01/20 21:06:46 UTC

Uptodate task

Hi Guys,

I have a question regarding using <mapper> task that is being used as a part of <uptodate> task. I have a set of src files say one.src, two.src and they generate one.target and two.target. If any of the source is updated both target has to be re-generated. I have problem matching multiple target files ..

<project name="uptodate" basedir="." default="all">
<target name="all">
<uptodate property="buildClean">
	<srcfiles dir="." includes="*.src" />
	<mapper type="merge" to="one.target"/>
</uptodate>
<echo Message="${buildClean}" />
</target>
</project>

The above snippet works for matching one target. But for multiple, not sure how to map it ?

Any ideas ?

Thanks and regards
Shreedhar

Re: Uptodate task

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 20 Jan 2006, shreedhar natarajan <sh...@ami.com> wrote:

> I have a question regarding using <mapper> task that is being used
> as a part of <uptodate> task. I have a set of src files say one.src,
> two.src and they generate one.target and two.target. If any of the
> source is updated both target has to be re-generated. I have problem
> matching multiple target files ..

Use a <compositemapper> and two merge mappers.  Ant 1.6.3 or higher is
required.

Stefan