Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by "Dimitri I. Rakitine" <di...@portbridge.com> on 2003/08/08 23:13:01 UTC

What is Elba ???

http://sourceforge.net/projects/elba

"ELBA is an interim, but production-ready, enterprise application server
written in Java.
The goal of the ELBA project is to die quickly by having all of its
functionality replaced by
the Apache Geronimo project."

I downloaded Elba-3.2.2 and it looks like a forked jboss. Is geronimo going
to be a jboss
fork or something? Can somebody explain this please ???

--
Dimitri

Re: What is Elba ???

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com>.
I could say 'RTFM' :)

The elba site explains it. Elba is to be an open source J2EE server. 3.2.2
is a fork of JBoss, but over time it will move to using Geronimo
components until it is 100% Geronimo, in which case it will release a
final version and die.

Hen