Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jarecsni János <ja...@chello.hu> on 2002/03/03 14:59:30 UTC

Tomcat 4.0.2 hangs

Hi,

we noticed that after a few days of flawless operation, tomcat hangs right
in the middle of generating a JSP. (Debian Linux, 2.x kernel, Tomcat 4.0.2
with Apache 1.3.x, SunJDK 1.4.0). Is it a known issue?

When I tried to stop JBoss (which runs tomcat in embedded mode), with
issuing kill -9 PID, one of the threads stays running. So tomcat hangs in a
way that it cannot even be killed.

Formerly we used JBoss 2.4.1 with Tomcat 3.2.3 and it ran for weeks without
any problems. BTW, we must use the 1.4.0 JDK since TC 4.0.2 caused the
1.3.1_02 VM to crash.

Should I download a new version of Tomcat?

cheers,
János

RE: Tomcat 4.0.2 hangs --(Can tomcat 4.0.2 works with JVM 1.3.1?)

Posted by Keith Ng <wo...@yahoo.com>.
Hmmm i didnt noe tomcat 4.0.2 cause JVM 1.3.1_02 to crash... im using 1.3.1
, is it ok?

Anyway, i was using ODBC-JDBC and it caused my tomcat to crash, hang at
times even
btw theres a new tomcat 4.0.2 version for downloading. It has fixed some
bugs. why not try it first

|we noticed that after a few days of flawless operation, tomcat hangs right
|in the middle of generating a JSP. (Debian Linux, 2.x kernel, Tomcat 4.0.2
|with Apache 1.3.x, SunJDK 1.4.0). Is it a known issue?
|
|When I tried to stop JBoss (which runs tomcat in embedded mode), with
|issuing kill -9 PID, one of the threads stays running. So tomcat hangs in a
|way that it cannot even be killed.
|
|Formerly we used JBoss 2.4.1 with Tomcat 3.2.3 and it ran for weeks without
|any problems. BTW, we must use the 1.4.0 JDK since TC 4.0.2 caused the
|1.3.1_02 VM to crash.
|
|Should I download a new version of Tomcat?
|
|cheers,
|János

|--

|_________________________________________________________

|Do You Yahoo!?

|--

RE: Tomcat 4.0.2 hangs

Posted by Jarecsni János <ja...@chello.hu>.
yes. postgres.
but merely from within jboss

|we noticed that after a few days of flawless operation, tomcat hangs right
|in the middle of generating a JSP. (Debian Linux, 2.x kernel, Tomcat 4.0.2
|with Apache 1.3.x, SunJDK 1.4.0). Is it a known issue?
|
|When I tried to stop JBoss (which runs tomcat in embedded mode), with
|issuing kill -9 PID, one of the threads stays running. So tomcat hangs in a
|way that it cannot even be killed.
|
|Formerly we used JBoss 2.4.1 with Tomcat 3.2.3 and it ran for weeks without
|any problems. BTW, we must use the 1.4.0 JDK since TC 4.0.2 caused the
|1.3.1_02 VM to crash.
|
|Should I download a new version of Tomcat?
|
|cheers,
|János

|--
|To unsubscribe:   <ma...@jakarta.apache.org>