Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by jieryn <ji...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/10 14:12:24 UTC

Fully qualified dependency names in war

Where should I look for providing an option to have the fully
qualified GAV name specified in built WAR files? Sometimes this
happens automatically when two short jar names would be added to
WEB-INF/lib, the second one will be added with the fully specified
GAV.

I'd actually like to make this an option where Maven always uses this
option, I find it is easier for quick debugging so I can quickly see
at a glance where commonly named jars are available or missing in
different web applications I have to maintain.

I"m looking to either have someone do this, or me take a swing at this
myself. I suspect this is not part of the maven-war-plugin itself, so
any guidance on what module provides that process? Thanks!

Re: Fully qualified dependency names in war

Posted by jieryn <ji...@gmail.com>.
And I just tested it, it works nicely.

@{groupId}@-@{artifactId}@-@{version}@@{dashClassifier}@.@{extension}@

Thanks! :-)

Posted by jieryn <ji...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>.
Hi,

Posted by Jörg Schaible <jo...@bpm-inspire.com>.
Hi Karl Heinz,

Karl Heinz Marbaise wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to ask something related to your question:
>
> On 4/10/16 2:12 PM, jieryn wrote:
>> Where should I look for providing an option to have the fully
>> qualified GAV name specified in built WAR files? Sometimes this
>> happens automatically when two short jar names would be added to
>> WEB-INF/lib, the second one will be added with the fully specified
>> GAV.
>
> Do you have an example where this happens automatically ? That sounds
> like a bug or a non documented feature ;-) ..?

Feature. Used if two artifacts have same artifactId but different groupId.
It is documented somewhere, but I don't remember where. Might be a feature
of a shared component though.

Cheers,
Jörg

Re: Fully qualified dependency names in war

Posted by jieryn <ji...@gmail.com>.
https://github.com/jieryn/libname-conflict-war

I am trying to recreate the issue, that's as far as I've gotten so
far. If you run the build and then look in the web module's war,
you'll see lots of artifactName+version conflicts, including local to
the reactor as well as a 3rd party library. It is my memory that
sometimes I would see pure artifactId+version for the "first" dep in
the module and the full groupId+artifactId+version for the "second"
dep in the module. However that is not presenting in my repo above, it
is fully resolving all conflict libs. I'll see if I can nail down
which config option is triggering this in my non-public projects.

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>.
Hi,