Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by bib bib <bi...@yahoo.com> on 2005/04/08 19:03:12 UTC

Implementing(Indexing) as Server

Hi All

People use my webapp to load documents. I want to use lucene to index and present a search page for them. My files are uploaded to a directory.

I want to write a program which runs stand alone and does all the indexing etc. My web app just searches and displays.

Is there a sample app for doing this.

Thanks
bib

Re: Implementing(Indexing) as Server

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
On Apr 8, 2005, at 1:03 PM, bib bib wrote:

> Hi All
>
> People use my webapp to load documents. I want to use lucene to index
> and present a search page for them. My files are uploaded to a
> directory.
>
> I want to write a program which runs stand alone and does all the
> indexing etc. My web app just searches and displays.
>
> Is there a sample app for doing this.

The demo web application that comes with Lucene is exactly this,
however its not quite as clean as we'd like.  The standalone
application part is covered by that demo code, and there is also a
cleaner codebase to start with in the Lucene in Action source code -
http://www.lucenebook.com - (see the lia.meetlucene package code for
Indexer and Searcher).

	Erik