Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Brian LeRoux <b...@brian.io> on 2012/04/05 23:37:48 UTC

board report for april fyi

http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/April2012

pls update accordingly if I missed something!

Re: board report for april fyi

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@opendirective.com>.
On 10 April 2012 23:39, Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Brian,
>
> On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 11:37 PM, Brian LeRoux <b...@brian.io> wrote:
>> http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/April2012
>
> Nice, thanks!
>
> In fact with our first months at the Incubator behind us, we no longer
> need to report monthly, just quarterly. Our next report isn't
> scheduled until June, but of course extra reports are always welcome.
>
> Speaking of June timeframe and the only remaining graduation issue
> mentioned in the report, I think it's time for us to start thinking
> about graduation within the next few months.

+1

> The biggest issue along the way is clearly getting the Apache release
> out. I unfortunately haven't been able to spend too much time lately
> reviewing the latest release packages and it looks like my time for
> that will remain a bit limited for at least the near future. Fellow
> mentors, would you have free cycles to help spot any remaining issues?

I'm in a slow month this month so timing is good from my perspective.
Next month will be difficult again.

> Community-wise Cordova feels quite ready for graduation. There were
> some issues as discussed in recent threads about committership and
> related stuff, but most of that is already fine-tuning that falls
> within the power and responsibility of each community to come up with
> their own standards and practices.

My concern is that these issues have been discussed but have not yet
been resolved in terms of project specific process. That's just a
matter of going through the process a couple more times. This is
likely to happen in the coming months and so I don't see a problem.
Furthermore, I recognise the community listen to and respond to mentor
feedback in a positive and constructive manner, so I perceive no long
term problems.

Ross

Re: board report for april fyi

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi Brian,

On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 11:37 PM, Brian LeRoux <b...@brian.io> wrote:
> http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/April2012

Nice, thanks!

In fact with our first months at the Incubator behind us, we no longer
need to report monthly, just quarterly. Our next report isn't
scheduled until June, but of course extra reports are always welcome.

Speaking of June timeframe and the only remaining graduation issue
mentioned in the report, I think it's time for us to start thinking
about graduation within the next few months.

The biggest issue along the way is clearly getting the Apache release
out. I unfortunately haven't been able to spend too much time lately
reviewing the latest release packages and it looks like my time for
that will remain a bit limited for at least the near future. Fellow
mentors, would you have free cycles to help spot any remaining issues?

Community-wise Cordova feels quite ready for graduation. There were
some issues as discussed in recent threads about committership and
related stuff, but most of that is already fine-tuning that falls
within the power and responsibility of each community to come up with
their own standards and practices.

BR,

Jukka Zitting