Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Stack <st...@duboce.net> on 2012/03/09 22:50:42 UTC

ANN: The first hbase 0.92.1 release candidate is available for download

The first hbase 0.92.1 release candidate is available for download:

 http://people.apache.org/~stack/hbase-0.92.1-candidate-0/

I've posted a secure and an insecure tarball built by jenkins.

This is for the most part a bug fix release.   Here is what has been fixed
since 0.92.0:

 https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310753&version=12318551

You can do a rolling restart to get your 0.92.0 HBase up on this RC.

Should we release this candidate as hbase 0.92.1?  Take it for a spin.
Check out the doc.  Vote +1/-1 by March 16th, 2012.

Yours,
St.Ack

Re: ANN: The first hbase 0.92.1 release candidate is available for download

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
On Fri, Mar 9, 2012 at 1:50 PM, Stack <st...@duboce.net> wrote:
> Should we release this candidate as hbase 0.92.1?  Take it for a spin.
> Check out the doc.  Vote +1/-1 by March 16th, 2012.

The vote passes w/ 3*+1.  I'll push it out later today.

Posted by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org>.
I meant to write 5537

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
5523 is marked for 0.94.

Posted by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
On Fri, Mar 9, 2012 at 1:50 PM, Stack <st...@duboce.net> wrote:
> Should we release this candidate as hbase 0.92.1?  Take it for a spin.
> Check out the doc.  Vote +1/-1 by March 16th, 2012.

+1

Downloaded it, checked md5, started it up, checked doc., loaded a bit
of data in, checked logs.  All seemed fine (but for HBASE-5595 which
we should fix for 0.92.2).

Posted by Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com>.
All ASF releases are in fact source releases, and the fact that we
provide binaries is technically "convenience", from what I've been
told. So, you can vote based on the source contents of the tarball --
if it compiles to something you feel is satisfactory for a release,
you can vote +1 even if you had to recompile.

Given that we're now moving to multiple builds, it may make sense to
have the release votes against source and also include a tarball for
1.0, 0.22, 0.23, etc.

-Todd

--
Todd Lipcon
Software Engineer, Cloudera

Re: ANN: The first hbase 0.92.1 release candidate is available for download

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Just curious:
https://builds.apache.org/view/G-L/view/HBase/job/HBase-TRUNK-on-Hadoop-23/configurehas
the following parameters:
-U clean -Dmaven.test.redirectTestOutputToFile=true -Dhadoop.profile=23
site assembly:assembly

HBase-TRUNK-on-Hadoop-23 build has never been green.

So ?

Posted by "Ramkrishna.S.Vasudevan" <ra...@huawei.com>.
Hi

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.