Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by GLNRama Tagore <GL...@delhi.tcs.co.in> on 2003/05/17 06:09:21 UTC

Problem installing mod_jk

Hi,

I am trying to install tomcat-connectors-4.1.24,

When running the build command i am getting the follwoing error

OS: AIX4.3

Apache: 2

===========================
./buildconfig.sh
libtoolize --force --automake --copy
aclocal
aclocal: configure.in: 22: macro `AM_PROG_LIBTOOL' not found in library
automake -a --foreign -i --copy
configure.in: no proper invocation of AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE was found.
configure.in: You should verify that configure.in invokes AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE,
configure.in: that aclocal.m4 is present in the top-level directory,
configure.in: and that aclocal.m4 was recently regenerated (using aclocal).
autoconf
=====================
Please help .

Thanks &Regards,
Rama Tagore
============================
Dont tune things just becuase it is tunable. Go for bottlenecks instead.
http://www.tagoreghanta.com

Re: Problem installing mod_jk

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@attglobal.net>.
GLNRama Tagore wrote:
> ./buildconfig.sh
> libtoolize --force --automake --copy
> aclocal
> aclocal: configure.in: 22: macro `AM_PROG_LIBTOOL' not found in library

Note that automake and autoconf and libtool have to be installed into
the same prefix (e.g., /usr/local) in order for autoconf to find
everybody's macros with no problem.

There are some notes at http://www.apache.org/~trawick/tomcataix.html on
building the connectors on AIX which mentions which tools seemed to be
required and which hacks were needed because of breakage in the connectors.

(The notes contain all the expertise I have, so check with the Tomcat
folks on their mailing list if you continue to have problems.)

Re: Problem installing mod_jk

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
At 11:09 PM 5/16/2003, GLNRama Tagore wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I am trying to install tomcat-connectors-4.1.24,
>
>When running the build command i am getting the follwoing error
>
>OS: AIX4.3
>
>Apache: 2

>./buildconfig.sh
>libtoolize --force --automake --copy
>aclocal
>aclocal: configure.in: 22: macro `AM_PROG_LIBTOOL' not found in library

Your flavor of Automake is out of date as your first error message suggested.
This is the wrong list to discuss mod_jk build issues, and since Apache is
based on autoconf/m4, I'm afraid we aren't even implicated.  The README
or INSTALLING docs might even suggest an appropriate toolkit combination.

Bill