Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by William Lee Valentine <vs...@lobo.net> on 2020/05/09 19:16:48 UTC

Old environment

I continue to use Windows 2000 on a computer that runs at 500 megahertz.
I secured a back release of OpenOffice to install (version 3.3) -- the
last release known to run under Windows 2000. It has worked perfectly
well.

But a suggestion that I received, in posting an earlier message to the
user group, was that I could install OpenOffice 4.1.7 under Windows 2000
-- release 4.1.7 was not that much different from release 3.3.

I downloaded a copy of release 4.1.7. Installation presented no
problems. I have now tried using release 4.1.7 under Windows 2000, and
it appears to work. I would not have guessed that the newer release
would have no problems with a version of Windows that was twenty years
old.

-- Lee Valentine

Re: Old environment

Posted by Carl Marcum <cm...@apache.org>.