Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Glen Mazza <gr...@yahoo.com> on 2005/03/19 08:24:15 UTC

Re: cvs commit: xml-fop/src/java/org/apache/fop/layoutmgr PageSequenceLayoutManager.java StaticContentLayoutManager.java

This is old code, but it should really be
layoutSideRegion()/RegionOuter(), correct?  The
purpose of this method is for regions that don't have
columns, i.e., any region except fo:region-body.
fo:static-content can be directed anywhere, including
fo:region-body.  (Although PSLM currently raises an
exception if the fo:page-sequence's fo:flow is not
directed to the fo:region-body, but actually I don't
think there is anything wrong with that.)  I can make
the change IIC here.

Thanks,
Glen

--- jeremias@apache.org wrote:
>        private void layoutStaticContent(int
> regionID) {
>   -        Region reg =
> currentSimplePageMaster.getRegion(regionID);
>   +        RegionOuter reg =

(RegionOuter)currentSimplePageMaster.getRegion(regionID);

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.
Sorry, but I don't get it. Please do the changes you propose, probably I
will understand then. Are there any layoutengine tests that you could
write to illustrate this?

On 19.03.2005 08:24:15 Glen Mazza wrote:
> This is old code, but it should really be
> layoutSideRegion()/RegionOuter(), correct?  The
> purpose of this method is for regions that don't have
> columns, i.e., any region except fo:region-body.
> fo:static-content can be directed anywhere, including
> fo:region-body.  (Although PSLM currently raises an
> exception if the fo:page-sequence's fo:flow is not
> directed to the fo:region-body, but actually I don't
> think there is anything wrong with that.)  I can make
> the change IIC here.
>
> Thanks,
> Glen
>
> --- jeremias@apache.org wrote:
> >        private void layoutStaticContent(int
> > regionID) {
> >   -        Region reg =
> > currentSimplePageMaster.getRegion(regionID);
> >   +        RegionOuter reg =
> >
> (RegionOuter)currentSimplePageMaster.getRegion(regionID);

Jeremias Maerki