Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/20 06:53:44 UTC

code review: HBASE-5231 Backport HBASE-3373 (per-table load balancing) to 0.92

Hi,
The person sitting next to me at the HBase meetup tonight told me that they
once thought of allocating one cluster per table - just to keep regions in
each table balanced.

With HBASE-5231, you don't have to do that anymore.

Please review the patch.

Thanks

Re: code review: HBASE-5231 Backport HBASE-3373 (per-table load balancing) to 0.92

Posted by lars hofhansl <lh...@yahoo.com>.
I agree. As soon as 0.92.0 is released, let's talk about 0.94.

+1 on time based releases!

I think 0.92 shows that not doing frequent releases leads to a lot cruft accumulating in trunk, which then takes a lot of time to stabalize.

Posted by Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com>.