Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/23 20:47:18 UTC

[FAILED] Tapestry Release 5.0.8

The vote has either failed or been retracted because of TAPESTRY-2074.

I've fixed TAPESTRY-2074.

I'll be generating a new build, 5.0.9.  I'll add a note to 5.0.8's
release notes that it was rejected.

Expect a new vote on 5.0.9 shortly.

On Jan 23, 2008 7:56 AM, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I agree, this is a good thing.  Catching an error like this internally
> is exactly what the process is meant to do.
>

> On Jan 23, 2008 7:45 AM, Kevin Menard <km...@servprise.com> wrote:
> > I could go either way.  Jesse brings up a good point, but it's also how the
> > httpd works.  They just note in the changelog that there was not a public
> > release of the skipped version numbers *shrug*
> >
> > I'd say the most confusing aspect is that to the best of my knowledge,
> > Tapestry has never done this before.  But, that's not necessarily a bad
> > thing either.
> >
> > --
> > Kevin
> >

> > On 1/23/08 10:08 AM, in article
> > 7926817e0801230708w173b7ee7ic7b0d157ab7c527d@mail.gmail.com, "Jesse Kuhnert"
> >
> > <jk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > I don't know.   In my mind if it wasn't released (as a follow up to
> > > this vote) - then it doesn't/hasn't existed.
> > >
> > > It will make much less sense to go to this page
> > > http://tapestry.apache.org/news.html - and see a version skip.
> > > Everyone that uses T5 will notice this and wonder why.
> > >
> > > my 2 cents..

> Howard M. Lewis Ship

Howard M. Lewis Ship

Re: [FAILED] Tapestry Release 5.0.8

Posted by Massimo Lusetti <ml...@gmail.com>.
On Jan 23, 2008 8:47 PM, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The vote has either failed or been retracted because of TAPESTRY-2074.
>
> I've fixed TAPESTRY-2074.
>
> I'll be generating a new build, 5.0.9.  I'll add a note to 5.0.8's
> release notes that it was rejected.
>
> Expect a new vote on 5.0.9 shortly.

Nice, thanks you!

--