Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Garrett Heaver <ga...@researchandmarkets.com> on 2004/12/15 11:57:49 UTC

C# Ports

I was just wondering what tools (JLCA?) people are using to port Lucene to
c# as I'd be well interesting in converting things like snowball stemmers,
wordnet etc.

Thanks

Garrett

Re: C# Ports

Posted by Ben Litchfield <be...@csh.rit.edu>.

I have created a DLL from the lucene jars for use in the PDFBox project.
It uses IKVM(http://www.ikvm.net) to create a DLL from a jar.

The binary version can be found here
http://www.csh.rit.edu/~ben/projects/pdfbox/nightly-release/PDFBox-.NET-0.7.0-dev.zip

This includes the ant script used to create the DLL files.

This method is by far the easiest way to port it, see previous posts about
advantages and disadvantages.

Ben

RE: C# Ports

Posted by George Aroush <ge...@aroush.net>.
Hi Garrett,

If you are referring to dotLucene
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/dotlucene/) than I can tell you how -- not
too long ago I posted on this list how I ported 1.4 and 1.4.3 to C#, please
search the list for the answer -- you can't just use JLCA.

As for the snwball, I have already started work on it.  The port is done,
but I have to test, etc. and I am too tied up right now with my work.
However, I plan to release it before end of this month, so if you can wait,
do wait, otherwise feel free to take the steps that I did to port Lucene to
C#.

Regards,

-- George Aroush