Posted to modules-dev@httpd.apache.org by Arnab Ganguly <ag...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/30 14:59:11 UTC

Need information about Apache and Module development.

Dear All,

We are planning for an enhancement of our servers.We are looking out if we
write Apache module and use Apache to support the below requirements.

We would like to use Apache as a routing layer that accepts both structured
documents (XML docs) also some other predefined data blocks in addition to
key/value paris via http and then routes those transactions based on a key
available in the request such that the required keys and sub keys are all
routed to the same rules instance - this will require the original request
to be broadcast to multiple instances of the rules engine ( for example, one
instance may be tracking the IP, another instance may be tracking by GUID or
Screenname, and yet another may be tracking by some Signature.)

 A rules execution engine that is able to accept the request, evaluate a set
of ops defined rules and execute various responses. There are preference of
using DROOLS fusion.Any functionality in Apache based on Rules ?

What are the approaches need to be taken for dynamic load balancing.Like
suppose I have 3 instances of Apache is running and due to some issue one of
the instance goes down.I would expect the traffic should be balanced
properly by the existing 2 instances.

For load balancing apart from mod_proxy_balancer any other Apache modules
can be worth looking into?

As and alert broadcast engine that has the ability to distribute an events
to multiple end sources.

As a  storage layer that allows for data persistence for long term tracking
of keys and values. We have the target of good performance.Is it going to be
good using Apache or any other webserver would be suggestion.

Inputs would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance
-A

Re: Need information about Apache and Module development.

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@apache.org>.
On 30 Mar 2011, at 13:59, Arnab Ganguly wrote:

> Dear All,

You've posted this three times now, and it's still no clearer what you want.

Either you're implementing something yourself, or you want to hire someone
to do a job for you.  If the latter then please say so!  If the former, you need to
figure out the problem and ask clear questions.  I could infer half a dozen
possible questions from your post, but an answer to any of them is unlikely
to help in the absence of clarity.

> We are planning for an enhancement of our servers.We are looking out if we
> write Apache module and use Apache to support the below requirements.

Yes you can.

If your application runs on HTTP then it might even be a good solution.

> We would like to use Apache

This looks like the beginning of a job spec.  One to discuss with your developer,
who may then ask more specific questions here when particular issues arise.

--
Nick Kew

Available for work, contract or permanent
http://www.webthing.com/~nick/cv.html