Posted to user@accumulo.apache.org by Ask Stack <as...@yahoo.com> on 2013/01/15 17:20:57 UTC

scripted way to create users

Hello
 I like to make an accumulo commands file to create users. Something like "createuser hello -s low" But "createuser" command does not have an option to provide user password. The script will stop and prompt me for the new user password. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?
Thanks.

Re: scripted way to create users

Posted by John Vines <vi...@apache.org>.
Alternatively, you could write a utility using the java API

Posted by Adam Fuchs <af...@apache.org>.
Using the Java API through JRuby or Jython would be another option. With
Jython, that would look something like this:

> export
JYTHONPATH=$ACCUMULO_HOM/lib/accumulo-core-1.4.2.jar:$ACCUMULO_HOME/lib/log4j-1.2.16.jar:$ZOOKEEPER_HOME/zookeeper-*.jar:$HADOOP_HOME/hadoop-core-1.0.3.jar:$ACCUMULO_HOME/lib/libthrift-0.6.1.jar:$HADOOP_HOME/lib/commons-logging-1.1.1.jar:$HADOOP_HOME/lib/slf4j-log4j12-1.4.3.jar:$HADOOP_HOME/lib/slf4j-api-1.4.3.jar:$ACCUMULO_HOME/lib/cloudtrace-1.4.2.jar
> jython adduser.jython

____contents of adduser.jython_____
import java
from org.apache.accumulo.core.client import ZooKeeperInstance
from org.apache.accumulo.core.security import Authorizations
from org.python.core.util import StringUtil
inst = ZooKeeperInstance("instanceName","localhost")
conn = inst.getConnector("root","password")
conn.securityOperations().createUser("foo",StringUtil.toBytes("bar"),Authorizations())

Cheers,
Adam

Posted by Ask Stack <as...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by William Slacum <wi...@accumulo.net>.