Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Niels van Kampenhout <n....@onehippo.com> on 2009/04/14 02:29:05 UTC

configure tag name in maven release plugin

Hi,

Is there a way to configure the name of the tag created by the release
plugin? Default is the artifactId of the project but I want to use
something else.

For example, my project is called "My Application", the artifactId is
"myapplication". The release plugin will create tags like
"myapplication-1.0" and so on. But suppose I wanted to use the Jira
key, which is "MYAPP", i.e. the tag would be "MYAPP-1.0". How can I
configure the release plugin to do that?

I could not find this in the documentation.

Thanks!
Niels

Re: configure tag name in maven release plugin

Posted by Nick Stolwijk <ni...@gmail.com>.
Is it already possible to do the interpolation of certain properties
inside a plugin? So when I have a Project object I want to ask the API
to interpolate a certain string with the existing project values.

The reason I ask this is to solve MRELEASE-150 by adding interpolation
of %{...} variables with the release project instead of the project
Maven starts with.

Are there other ways or ideas about these issues?

With regards,

Nick Stolwijk
~Java Developer~

Iprofs BV.