Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by Nick Burch <ni...@apache.org> on 2016/02/03 16:11:44 UTC

3.14 beta 2? 3.14 final?

Hi All

It's been well over month since we released 3.14 beta 1, and from looking
at the changelog we've had some interesting new features (plus bug fixes)
since then. We've also got at least one user, based on bugzilla today,
wanting to try those out in a proper release!

So, what do we all think? Another beta now, and final a month or two
later? Or start the count-down for 3.14 final?

Nick

Re: 3.14 beta 2? 3.14 final?

Posted by Dominik Stadler <do...@gmx.at>.
Hi,

I have reviewed all the reported regressions and only found the ones with
hwmf and hslf to look like actual regressions, the other reported items are
all either false-positives due to more testing in the later runs or caused
by out of memory issues during testing.

I'll commit a few more fixes shortly for things that can happen during
cloning to make it less susceptible to breaking in some cases.

Dominik.

Re: 3.14 beta 2? 3.14 final?

Posted by Andreas Beeker <ki...@apache.org>.
Hi Dominik,

Re: 3.14 beta 2? 3.14 final?

Posted by Andreas Beeker <ki...@apache.org>.
Hi,

I've fixed the ppt-based NPE and start now with the release preparations.
As usual, if there are any late-time fixes, I can still roll a RC2 ...

Andi

Re: 3.14 beta 2? 3.14 final?

Posted by Dominik Stadler <do...@gmx.at>.
Hi,

the regression-report is now updated as of trunk from Feb. 25th, see
http://people.apache.org/~centic/poi_regression/reports/

I also added a report for all failures at
http://people.apache.org/~centic/poi_regression/reportsAll/

Overall we now handle 24167 files better than in POI 3.13, and only 545
worse, where one NullPointerException is responsible for a large number of
the 545 and some are intermittent OOMs/Timeouts during testing!

Thanks... Dominik.

Re: 3.14 beta 2? 3.14 final?

Re: 3.14 beta 2? 3.14 final?

Re: 3.14 beta 2? 3.14 final?

Posted by Dominik Stadler <do...@gmx.at>.
Thanks for the hint, I'll try this, I was quite stumped by these strange
one-line stacktraces as I did not encounter them before.

Dominik.

RE: 3.14 beta 2? 3.14 final?

Posted by "Allison, Timothy B." <ta...@mitre.org>.

Re: 3.14 beta 2? 3.14 final?

Posted by Dominik Stadler <do...@gmx.at>.
Hi,

Re: 3.14 beta 2? 3.14 final?

Posted by Andreas Beeker <ki...@apache.org>.

Re: 3.14 beta 2? 3.14 final?

Posted by David North <dt...@corefiling.co.uk>.
Happy to see 3.14 final soon, there's at least one thing in it I'm
wating for :)

David

Re: 3.14 beta 2? 3.14 final?

Posted by Nick Burch <ap...@gagravarr.org>.
On Thu, 4 Feb 2016, Javen O'Neal wrote:
> I didn't get any responses to a keysigning party email, so I'm still out
> of the Apache web of trust. I need to reach out to the kind folks at
> [1], but in the mean time, someone else gets to do the *π* release.

Pesky, you could always send a follow-up email suggesting a fixed date and
place + see who appears?

If not, there's quite a few SF-based Apache meetups happening in the next
2 weeks: http://apache.org/events/meetups.html - If you can make it to one
of those you should be able to find someone there to sign your key

Nick

Re: 3.14 beta 2? 3.14 final?

Posted by kiwiwings <ki...@apache.org>.
My first release was also without being in the web of trust.
I don't mind if you release without.

Andi.

Re: 3.14 beta 2? 3.14 final?

Posted by Javen O'Neal <ja...@gmail.com>.

[1] https://people.apache.org/map.html

Re: 3.14 beta 2? 3.14 final?

RE: 3.14 beta 2? 3.14 final?

Posted by "Allison, Timothy B." <ta...@mitre.org>.
I'm happy to do the govdocs1+commoncrawl regression runs with trunk soonish (early next week) or after rc1 is cut.  Let me know what makes sense.

Best,

          Tim

RE: 3.14 beta 2? 3.14 final?

Posted by "Allison, Timothy B." <ta...@mitre.org>.