Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Matt <mk...@camden.rutgers.edu> on 2005/03/02 17:22:54 UTC

jspISAPI solution?

I've created a new thread, just in case this got lost in the shuffle...
Does anyone know anything about the below "solution" (+ or -) and/or
recommend (or not recommend) it?

Thanks,
-Matt

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005, Matt wrote:

> Something else you may want to look into (and I'd LOVE to hear feedback on
> from this list?) is the following:
> http://jspisapi.neurospeech.com/
>
> We are now using this on our production IIS 6 server, mostly due to the
> conflciting, or at least the lack of concise and authoratative, docs out
> there (and mostly due to timing - this needed to be setup ASAP for a
> professor).
> I don't directly maintain the IIS 6 server, and its admin got antsy
> waiting for us to iron-out the confugration issues (and dreading
> future changes taking as much effort, like SSL support) with Tomcat and
> went with this instead ($50).
>
> Was this wise?  Anyone?
> I'm curious (and not in front of this system now either) if it uses jk2 or
> jk and what version, and anything else it may be doing.
>
> Thanks,
> -Matt
>

> On Mon, 28 Feb 2005, Fadil wrote:
>
> > Thanks a lot I'll test this ASAP.
> >
> > Unfortunately, I must setup IIS6 / Tomcat because it's my production
> > environement and I've no choice : I don't want to learn dotnet !! I'm
> > a beginner J2EE developper.
[snip]

Re: jspISAPI solution?

Posted by Dan <da...@mcenter.com>.
I've used it since 08/04 on an IIS v5 Tomcat v4 system.  It's okay but it
has some major bugs.  The biggest glitch is that it spits out random
strings in the returned HTML which can make the page render incorrectly.

My pages display fine when I'm viewing them locally, but when I go to a
local computer training center and view them my HTML tables come out all
wrong.   Looking at source code shows extra "2000" strings and other random
strings in the source.   JspISAPI support says that this problem only
happens when connecting through one particular proxy server (and an older
version at that).  However, pages served through JspISAPI will not validate
using the W3C's validator (though directly through Tomcat they do).  Also
my cached pages on Yahoo also display the HTML table problem.

My decision.  It's buggy and either no longer supported or poorly supported.

Last week I found a project on sourceforge that does the same thing:

     http://iisrelayj.sourceforge.net/

I installed it on a test system.  Couldn't get v3 to work but v2
worked.  Using this my pages did at least validate using W3Cs
validator.  They also don't have the random strings when viewing them
through a spider simulator.  I haven't gotten to the local computer
training center to see if my HTML tables are rendering correctly.