Posted to jcs-users@jakarta.apache.org by Georg Jüttner/inasys GmbH <ge...@inasys.de> on 2003/01/17 10:51:13 UTC

JCS cache regions

Hello,
I have a question concerning JCS cache regions.

Suppose, one defines the default region and the following two pre-defined
regions
"myPackage" and "myPackage.mySubpackage" as
jcs.default=DC ...
jcs.region.myPackage=DC ...
jcs.region.myPackage.mySubpackage=DC ...

What happens if I retrieve JCS instances by
JCS.getInstance("myPackage.mySubpackage.myClassNameA")
JCS.getInstance("myPackage.mySubpackage.myClassNameB")
JCS.getInstance("myPackage.mySubpackage.myClassNameZ") ?

Are the JCS instances configured using the settings of
"myPackage.mySubpackage"?
This would be a useful feature similar to a Log4J configuration ...

Best regards,
Georg Juttner